What is a Chiropractic Adjustment?
A Chiropractic Adjustment is a gentle, safe, specific, controlled force applied to a joint to restore proper function and mobility. Chiropractic adjustments help to reduce pain while increasing movement and performance. The goal is to release the pressure being applied on the joints helping to boost the central nervous system. Chiropractors use different methods to perform chiropractic adjustments. Some may use their hands to adjust the joints back into place, others may use a drop table or activator, still, more may rely on more gentle stretching to ease the joints to their proper position. Regardless of the specific method used, the goal of chiropractic adjustment is to restore proper alignment to the joints and allow the body to heal naturally.
Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments:
- Chiropractic adjustments help reduce and eliminate pain. Benefits of receiving a Chiropractic adjustment include:
- Improves joint mobility, function, and health
- Helps with arthritis
- Decreases pressure on nerves
- Speeds up the recovery process.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Improves individual organ system function such as heart, lung, sinuses, digestive, etc).
- Improves sleep.
- Relieves/Improves Prenatal Discomfort
- Decreases length of labor and associated back pain.
- Decreases stress.
- Improves athletic performance
- Prevention ability for sickness, disease and pain.
- Improves overall health and wellness for infants and children.
These are just some of the numerous benefits of improved wellness and long-lasting pain relief after a spinal adjustment and alignment.